Monday, October 14, 2013

Kathryn's Interview

Today I interviewed my Mother Kelly McCarthy she is 50ish.... I interviewed her about Wind Turbines/Wind Energy I have chose my mother to interview because I was very curios to see what she may know about this item and her knowledge about it. She also tires to be as eco friendly as she can. :)


1. Do you know what Wind Turbines are? If so explain.

 I think they are huge structures used to capture the winds energy.

2. Have you never seen any wind turbines before?

Yes, I have seen they in Medford MA, Somerville, Cambridge and Boston.
They are just so big that any time I see them I still say "wow" just because they are so big.

3. Do you believe they can help the Environment?

Yes, I believe they can help the environment because the energy stored up from the Wind Turbine can be used instead of processed energy.

4. Have you ever heard any negative things about Wind Turbines?

Honest truth, nothing negative about them except that they don't want them in there communities because of size because they are so huge. They can be unsightly too.

5. Do you think they can help with energy costs?

Definality help with energy cost because help lower town bills as well.

6. Do you think Wind Turbines can help benefit town energy cost's?

Yes, They can help with Town energy. Reading Municipal Light Department would benefit from one so there costs would be lower.

7. How can students learn about Wind Turbines?

They can learn about them in Science Class and also being going on Field Trips to see them.

8. How do you think they work?

No quite sure. They store wind energy. I am not positive on that one.

9. Do you know what Wind Farms are?

They are area were many turbines are together.

10. How much energy is made in 1 day with a Wind Turbine?

It all depends on the weather and if it windy then more will be made. Raining may slow the energy consumption down.

Reflection after the Interview:

After interviewing my Mother about this topic I learned that there are Wind Turbines in Medford MA and in Somerville, Cambridge and finally Boston. That just kind of shocked me because were would they fit them that is right in the middle of the city so that is just kind of shocking to think about but very cool as well. I also learned that my mother seems to know a lot about Wind Turbines which is really cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment